Smart Contract Debugging (Legacy)
Debug smart contract with the Remix Debugger, Truffle Debugger, and events
This course has been DISCONTINUED.
Checkout the new course "6 figures Blockchain developer" instead :)
You will learn how to:
- Develop Solidity smart contracts: data structures, functions, modifier, mapping, arrays, and more.
- Use the Truffle framework to build Ethereum Dapps: compilation, migration, configuration of Truffle project
- Use Web3 and TruffleContract to communicate between the frontend and the smart contract
- Configure Webpack for Ethereum Dapp development (with truffle-solidity-loader)
This will cover every part of the Dapp:
- Smart contract (Solidity)
- Backend (Nodejs server to serve the frontend)
The dapp will be able to:
- create new tasks
- list existing tasks
- toggle a done/not done status for each task.
The dapp will look like this:
You will learn:
- Smart contract Debugging using the equivalent of console.log for Solidity (yes it's possible!)
- How to troubleshoot hard-to-find bugs with the Remix debugger
- The different kind of Solidity errors
- General debugging principles
You will use:
Hi! My name is Julien and I am the instructor of EatTheBlocks Pro.
I am a senior Blockchain software engineer. I used to work in Finance, and I switched to software development 6 years ago.
For the past 3 years, I have been building Dapps and Solidity smart contracts for several Ethereum and ICOs projects, including Lendingblock, an institutional crypto lending exchange.
I run EatTheBlocks, a youtube channel for Ethereum developers. I have also published a Blockchain course for Manning.
I also contribute to the code of Drizzle and I spoke at TruffleCon 2019 on Drizzle.
Preview1. Debugging calls vs transactions (1:42)
Preview2. Syntax vs runtime vs logic errors (7:14)
Preview3. Debugging with syntax highlighting (10:00)
Start4. Types or Solidity runtime errors (2:59)
Start5. Debugging "VM Exception: out of gas" (6:55)
Start6. Debugging "VM Exception: invalid opcode / revert" (7:23)
Start7. Inspect storage with calls & return statements (5:48)
Start8. Debugging with require & revert (8:36)
Start9. Debugging with events (9:30)
Start10. Remix debugger - Introduction (10:28)
Start11. Remix debugger - Advanced (7:55)